My dad had surgery last week and came home from the hospital on Saturday. On the day he got home Aubrey really just needed his attention and was really a little overbearing. I explained to her that papa had surgery to make his back feel better and he really needs her to be careful with him so that he can continue to feel better. I said that we are going to have to help papa with things for a while also. She said "Yes. So he can feel better. We will help him. He just got home from the big house for doctors" We had explained to her that a hospital is a big house for people that need care from doctors.
This is the conversation that I overheard Aubrey and my dad having.
" Do you feel better Papa?"
Dad: "Yes, I do feel a little better right now thanks for asking"
Aubrey: "Because the doctor made you feel better at the house for doctors. I feel better too."
Later on.
Aubrey:"Do you feel better papa?"
Dad: "No honey I don't feel so good right now."
Aubrey: "Im not feeling so good either. I'm not going to the doctor though. You can go to the house for doctors and make me feel better. Here have a blanket! You will feel better!"
Ever since he came home she has been a good little nurse. She brings him treats and blankets and pillows and anything else that is going to make him feel better. Oh and lots of kisses, because a kiss makes everything better.
oh that's so cute. I see the threat of me smacking you worked, I will continue to threaten you once a week or so in order to get more posts from you.
ReplyDeleteIt doesn't look like you are going to have to smack me at all. I updated twice in one day...What? LOL
ReplyDelete